Monday, April 2, 2018

Story Poem - National Poetry Month Challenge

This has been a year of challenges for me.  I am continuing the challenges by participating in the "1 Subject- 30 Ways" poetry challenge. In honor of National Poetry Month, Amy VanDerwater is fearlessly leading us through this adventure over at her blog, The Poem Farm.  Amy is challenging herself to write 30 different poems on the same topic!

I am not sure if I am going to be able to hold out for 30 poems, but I am going to try. The most difficult thing was picking a topic that would last for a whole month. I finally settled on writing about my flower bed. Right now the flower bed is brown and looks to be dead but there is some magic beginning.....

The first poem that we wrote was a list poem. Here is my poem:


The second day challenge is to write a story poem. This proved to be slightly more difficult for me. There was an active drafting stage.


I finally moved onto the computer so that I could move some parts around more easily.


Here is my finished product! It is inspired by the 2 chipmunks (maybe more?) that live in my flower bed.  I love to watch them tear around my yard, avoiding all of the dangers in their way. I have even had to un-invite one from exploring in my house. That may be a poem topic for later!

Chippy

The sunlight calls and out she comes.
Blinking, blinking.

Off on an adventure to find some treats.
Scurry, Scurry.

A shadow passes over.

Tweet, tweet.
Duck under a leaf...all clear.

Meow, meow.
Hide quietly under a rock...safe and sound.

Safe to scamper on.

Alas!

The glory of sunflower seeds...cheeks are full.
Happy, happy!

Make the journey home...back the way she came.
Scurry, scurry.



No comments:

Post a Comment