Wednesday, January 9, 2019

New Year, New Goal

Ok...I have been a terrible blogger!
I just looked at my "new" blog and realized that I have ton of drafts that I have started and have not published any.  I have so much to say so why am I so hesitant to pull the trigger and post??????

Enter A.J. Juliani and the "30 Days of Blogging" Challenge. I teach first grade, I am a mother of teenagers, I have all of the excuses but here is my promise.
I am going to start posting.
It may not be every day....first graders are exhaustingly lovely and energetic.

So for my first post I will share my OLW (One Little Word) that I have chosen for 2019.


I need to be reminded that all that I do is enough. 
In the day of Instagram, twitter and Facebook, we are constantly bombarded with images of classrooms, lessons and celebrations that we are comparing ourselves to. We all need to remember that what we do and what we are for our students has to be enough. 
It is okay to be inspired and motivated by these other teachers but the most important thing is to be there for our students. 
No beautiful classroom makeover will ever replace the love note from a first grader.
Ever.
That is enough.

I am posting.....now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment